Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Bits & Bobs

I've been kinda floundering around in the studio this week. Between cleaning house a little at at time and wanting to be outside in the gorgeous weather and my new-to-me hammock, I just haven't been able to get into any specific project.

I've been cutting neutral fatQuarters into 2.5", 2", 1.5" and 1" strips for my strip bins. I used 2.5" strips to finish putting sashing/cornerstones on all but 2 of the 26 Sister's Choice blocks. Now I need to determing how many more blocks I need.

This morning I also cut some of the 2.5" and 2" strips into squares for my Omigosh quilt.

Last night I also pulled 4 2.5" strips out of the strip bin to try tubeQuilting - that was easy and fun and I didn't even need the strip tube ruler, thanks to this video. Hmm, it appears I should have watched the video again before doing this as I think a quilt will look nicer if you use 2 strips for one side of the tube and 1 wider strip for the other side - that's the next experiment :)

This photo shows the box I keep my Omigosh parts in and the 4 blocks I created tubeQuilting which I will continue to play with since it's lots of fun and sooooo easy!

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your container of little bits for the Omigosh quilt! That will be fun to play in!