Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wazzit Wednesday

This update has been long overdue...If you remember, way back last year I posted a picture and asked you to guess what it was. I had updated that same post with more "parts" coming through town but I never got a chance to get a photo of the finished items.

A couple weekends ago, I found these parked at a local train overpass.

Each pair of blades is on an extended rail car but further extends into the cars next to it. These things are Ha-Yuge. My shoulders didn't even reach the flat beds. The cars sitting there were about a half mile long and contained blades and hubs. The parts that passed through town are supposedly going down to Pennsylvania, not sure where the train was going.

 These are just a few of the local Windmills! Each windmill is made of three of those rounds sections I originially posted, then the hub at the top and 3 blades. They are any where from 100 to 400 feet high. Wyoming County is very hilly and windy so we have a lot of turbines around altho they are VERY controversial. If the blades are facing just the right way, the doppler rader is goofed up by showing or not showing "weather" in the denser wind farms. I thought it was funny the first time I saw it on tv.


Happy Brithday to my favorite Brother!!


No comments: