Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 4/25/11

One of my goals for the long weekend was to pull all the extra boxes and piles out of the quilt room to sort and organize. I got most everything pulled out by lunch time Friday but then found two pieces of "difficult-to-match" fabric I had stored with a runner pattern. Instead of making that runner again, I had previously decided to make a disappearing 4 patch and since I came across the fabric while "cleaning" I decided to just go ahead and cut out the 6" strips I would need.

Once the strips were cut I might as well sew them together...
Once the strips were sewn together I might as well subcut...
Can you guess where this was going?

Here it is Monday morning - the boxes and piles are in the middle of the living room, the center of my dissapearing 4 patch is done and the borders are half done until I can buy more fabric this weekend.

(Yeh, Smokey is still jumping up for treats, and a well placed treat means she will hold the quilt long enough for a photo op)

As for the rest of the weekend, I spent Friday afternoon sewing, the girls came over Saturday for a couple hours of sewing, I played outside in the dirt with some new plants Saturday evening, had brunch at my brother's for Easter and fired up the grill for Sunday dinner at my house. It was a good weekend!

5 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Those two fabrics play well together, even though they may be hard to match elsewhere. We all have some of those!

You also have a great helper - love the look on his face.

Liz

Chris said...

Too funny. Once you get rolling it is hard to stop. I love the colors of your quilt.

Annie said...

Florida Gator colors! Love it!

carol fun said...

I love these colors! This graphic block really shows them off. And I adore your furry fabric holder - too cute!

Gari in AL said...

Great top. I made a child's quilt with that block and loved the look.