Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Day Lillies


When I bought my house, it came with just a few flowers and shrubs, including these orange tiger day lillies. There were 2 huge beds of them and it even looks like someone tossed some into the leaf/weed pile out back. They are always very prolific and I've decided I like to cut a few stems of them to put into a vase because there are so many buds on each stem. I've taught the boys to roar when I talk about them...probably more funny to me than them...


Since then, I've slowly started to add some more day lillies like this purple pinwheel purchased at Cheryl's yard sale several summers ago. Only two stems on this beauty so far but lots of buds in that rich purple color.


This year I purchased this yellow/purple throated day llly. I could swear  that I thought the tag has said white instead of yellow when I bought it but I really like this color combo.

Cheryl also recently gave me some more day lillies I still, yes STILL, need to find homes for. I'm debating putting them all together or spreading them around the various beds...

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wonderful flowers! Thanks for letting us share their beauty. I grew daylilies for a while, but I didn't have a bed just to devote to them and they were choking everything else out, so I had to remove them. I had a friend with massive flowerbeds that gave them good homes, but I had upstarts to eradicate for some time afterward.

Barbara said...

Beautiful! Mine haven't opened yet, but soon!