Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 12/31/12

Here it is...the last day of the year!! I wish you all a very Happy New Year's tomorrow!!!

My sewing date was cancelled yesterday so I decided to work on my birdievision quilt. Most of the bits were cut and piled on the cutting table and putting it together has eliminated most of a pile. Wootwoot!


This morning my little QCO helped hold down the quilt for a photo.

I obviously still need to add the black borders to the sides. I know the quilt police prefer to put the sides on and then top/bottom, but this way I didn't have to piece the top/bottom pieces thanks to the wider batik fabric. I love that the black also has the red and grey in it to pull all the colors together.


I now just have to decide how wide I want the grey border with black cornerstone. I had originally thought to do 4" finished but the center blocks are 5" finished so I am also considering that. The cornerstone shown is a leftover 5".


5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love the colors you chose for that quilt, I also love it when our cats pose on the quilts for us!

Janet O. said...

Your QCO seems to be looking pleadingly at you to get this birdie quilt finished. What do you think they have in mind? : )

Denise :) said...

NICE! I say go with the 5". It's nice and solid and will fit a feline rump quite nicely. ;) Happy New Year!! :)

Michelle said...

Looks great !!
To heck with the quilt police....if the fabric fits I don't care what side goes on first.
And a Happy New Year too......

Anonymous said...

I've never paid any attention to the quilt police and with your imagination and creativity, you certainly don't have to. Love the quilt.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com