Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Feathered Lightening

Based on a photo I found at Vicki's blog , I designed my own quilt which I have called Feathered Lightening. I made a lot of progress over jammy weekend but I still have to finish the borders. The first border is just the purpley-magenta fabric but the next border will be more of the gray (Yes, I need to go get more and Mom isn't helping cuz she offered to go with me so we can also stop at William-Sonoma. The store is 50+ miles away...) with gold cornerstones.


I didn't trim down the setting triangles, liking the extra size it gave to the quilt but with the first border on, I'm not so sure I like the way the two-colored setting triangles stack onto each other on the sides. They are opposites on each side so it's balanced but I'm just not sure. So far I've got one vote to keep it the way it is. I'll get back to it this weekend or on New Year's Day and make up my mind then.


4 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Sometimes, when I can't make a decision, I just put it to the side also, to pick up later.

Janet O. said...

Oh, I like feathered lightening--the name and the quilt.
Okay, ask yourself if it will always bother you. I base my decision on the answer to that question.

Anonymous said...

That's a very exciting quilt.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Denise :) said...

I *love* this ... and the name is very appropriate!! The purple is really pretty -- especially in the lightning feathers!! Way to go, Mom!!! :)