Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wild Kingdom Update


Due to poor planning on my part, I have more fabric than I needed. Weird! 

The blocks still need the black side strips because I still need to go buy the black fabric :)
I'm waiting for a sale next weekend
Y'all will recall the Wild Kingdom quilt I started earlier this month where I had half the strips together and would be putting the other half together later. Turns out the first half netted me more than enough 4-patches for my original design. I enlarged the design to use all but 1 of the finished already 4 patches and that makes the quilt somewhere around 60"x70" which is a good couch size.


Now I need to decide if I make the quilt bigger by making more 4-patches, use the remaining strips to add a pieced border or just add them to the stash. A duplicate quilt? A hexie project out of animal prints?

This was supposed to be an easy project and now I need to make decisions ;^(
Yuck!


6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I would stick with the original plan. The extra blocks can be set aside for another playdate.

Missy Shay said...

Since it is a pretty simple quilt, you could always use the extra blocks for a quilt to give either as a present or a charity quilt. I know my sister would love a quilt that is exactly like a quilt I've made for myself.

Frances Meredith said...

I had a similar situation with some blocks ( all done by hand of course) and had made nearly 40 too many. I kept to my original plan, and still have the remainder in a box - when someone admires your quilt, you can offer up a 'kit' for them to make their own!

Janet O. said...

Do the feline household members need their own wild quilt? : )

Michelle said...

What....too much fabric , that can't be......lol.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Sarah! You have found amazing fabrics! That's going to be fantastic safari quilt! x Teje