Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Summer is...


I've already made a veggie swirl, zuke pizza casserole and chocolate zuke bread. I shredded the rest and froze it. There will be more...which I intend to make into zuke fries and who knows what else. What is your fav zuke recipe?


I would have had a few more berries if I hadn't dumped the bucket. Grrrr. Tonight I'll be making blackberry swirl ice cream and I'll make a blackberry spice cake this weekend in the beehive oven at our county fair. The rest were frozen...but there will be more to pick over the weekend.

What I didn't get a picture of was the corn. Every day I drive to and from work on Route 39 which I lovingly call Corn alley - both sides are mile high corn stalks. I've frozen some corn already but also hope to make some corn fritters at the fair.

Tomatoes are due in soon - I can see red in my garden from the kitchen door!


8 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

You have a great harvest there! We have pulled our onions and like you can see the red of tomatoes starting to show.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I didn't plant any squash this year - we have had such a blight in the ground since Irene that they go to mush. I only planted a few grape tomato plants and they will be a while coming.Shred Zuke mixed with hash browns, sausage, and eggs - scramble up in a large cast iron skillet - yummo!

Janet O. said...

I like zuke sliced and baked with cubes of cheese, Italian style stewed tomatoes and some herbs. MMmmm!
You are one busy gal!

Me and My Stitches said...

We have zucchini coming out of our ears!! I like to dice them and add anything/everything and bake! About anything in the refrigerator can be added - I've used chicken, pepperoni, tomatoes, bacon, peppers, onions, cheese of all kinds...you get the picture! Just tried a chocolate brownie recipe that is awesome - will e-mail it to you now! Can you give the recipe on the veggie swirl? I didn't get to it when I followed the link.

Anonymous said...

What I miss most from my country home days are the blackberries.
Lillian

The Calico Cat said...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours - I'd love the blackberry spice cake recipe.

I make a crustless quiche with zucchini.
I don't use a recipe per se
350 oven
grate the zucchini & a small onion
add some ricotta (or plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese - or similar soft cheese - queso blanco) & an egg or 2, salt & pepper to taste
stir it all together, pour into a greased pie plate, sprinkle with parmesan (if you have it)
back for about 20 to 30 min

you can substitute spinach or broccoli

Denise :) said...

My pastor's wife has been supplying me with a steady stream of cucumbers, squash, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes! I love fresh-from-the-garden fare!! Blackberries, figs, persimmons, and muscadines are all growing wild at the camp -- makes for a GREAT produce sumper! (That's a summer supper of garden produce!)

rebecca said...

yum yum. I want blackberry icecream.

I made Zuc bread which is Brian's fav! tonight