Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Well I'll be Deviled!

Do you have a signature dish? You know, the one *everyone* asks you to bring for potluck?!

Mine is deviled eggs - and they aren't just your run of the mill eggs either. It started when I bought Deviled Eggs: 50 Recipes from Simple to Sassy. Some of these recipes call for shrimp or avocado or pineapple or even choco!!

When I moved back to NYS I joined the Castile Historical Society which has a quarterly pot luck meeting - I can barely get in the door now and people already want to know which recipe I've made. It's fun to look for a different recipe each time, some with new ingredients and some with old standards.

Providing the snow doesn't cancel, we have our Guild Christmas Party tonight and I made eggs, of course! I never seem to measure anymore, basically using the recipe as a guideline for proportions. Today's eggs have Miracle Whip/salad dressing, stone ground mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, minced onion and Nature's Seasoning. YUMMO!!! They are sweet and tangy all at once.

I have yet to get thru the entire book yet but I am always on the look out for more recipes and I even started a board on Pinterest (aka the evil site).  What's your favorite deviled egg recipe?


6 comments:

Missy Shay said...

My husband insists on making our deviled eggs, they are so boring, just mayo and salt. blech! He hates mustard.
I wold love to try some of those devilled eggs you are making!

Janet O. said...

Been so long since I made them, I can't even recall what is in my recipe! : )
I am usually expected to bake something--pie, rolls, shortbread, breadsticks. I don't do potlucks very often, but family gatherings I am usually assigned baked goods.

margaret said...

unable to sleep so got up at 3am and decided to catch up on the blogs very mouth watering do hope the snow allowed the Xmas party

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Yummmm! I'm sure there are no leftovers!!

Carolyn :)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Yummmm! I'm sure there are no leftovers!!

Carolyn :)

Linda said...

OMGosh I love deviled eggs. Thanks for your link to your Pinterest board. I had a hard time choosing which to pin. One more food to add to my Christmas dinner list.