Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, February 03, 2014

Design Wall Monday and Celtic Solstice

Once again another busy weekend means I didn't do any sewing...other than hexies while watching Breaking Bad season 3 on DVD. What I did accomplish was more prep for the retreats coming the next 2 weekends.


In the left basket is the all essential chocolate (don't worry, I'll bring more snacks too). I also cut the tons of strips I'll need for my birthday quilt. I need to make 9 more pieced blocks, 8 simple background blocks and then I can work on the pieced borders. I think I'll work on the pieced setting triangles and center pieced block next weekend. I think I can do them with my Companion and Easy Angle rulers but I'll have to make sure.

In the right basket is a box of twisted hexie parts and parts to work on Celtic Solstice. I looked up pictures packing for last year's retreat and it looks like I'm hardly taking anything to work on this year. Of course, it's just that I am making blocks this year instead of putting blocks together. I am sure there will be more than plenty to keep me entertained. And if I'm really bored, I'll pick up another project when I run the whole 3 miles home to feed the kids.


I hope to work on these HSTs for Celtic Solstice this week - If get them all pressed I can take them to retreat too.

OMG - I almost forgot to announce that tomorrow is going to be our first Book Report linky party (name is in progress - any suggestions??). Some people are participating in reading challenges and some people are just reading whatever is on their nightstand or quilt book shelf. Please pop in and let us know what you are reading!


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think you need more chocolate! Just sayin'. : )

Missy Shay said...

At least it is close enough to find your cats! Looks like fun!

Denise :) said...

I think *I* need more chocolate ... all the time! What about The Bookworm Report?! Or The Bibliophiles (or even *funner*, The Bibliophile Files)?! Or Avid Readers Unite?!

margaret said...

looks like you are going to be busy on the retreat, what a wonderful time it will be with like minded stitchers