Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

hexie update


I don't think I showed you the third Value Proposition block after I finished it. You might recall that I didn't care for it much while I was making it but I've changed my mind and don't mind it at all!


Last night I also finished the fourth rosette. I'm going to have to use the teal & gold sparingly - It doesn't really read as a dark to me since the gold reflects light and I haven't used any other gold fabrics yet. Of course, I could solve the problem by using more golds. That would mean I need to buy more gold fabrics. Go on - twist my arm!


I also recently finished my May BOM butterfly. You may recall that I bought the purple shot cotton and the wild circle fabric at the Amherst quilt show back in April. I finally found the perfect project and had a ball working with the shot cotton. The picture just doesn't capture the magenta/blue color variations as you move the fabric back and forth. Can't wait to find some more shots!


Last but not least is a group project for Hexie Club. Every month we play a FQ game where we end up bringing a different FQ home for our stashes. Recently I have been trying to get the girls to do some fussy cutting and it was suggested that we could do a group project this fall. After some brain storming we decided to make a rosette (similar in shape and size to the Value Prop rosettes) with everyone using the same fabric plus what ever else we want to add. At our annual Christmas party we will play the game with our rosettes instead of a FQ. Then we have to make the rosette in to something and bring it back to our March meeting. I'm excited because there is a lot of fussy opportunity in the fabric they chose.

I didn't take a photo but I did work some more on my twisted hexies at lunch today.

The next big decisions will be what hexie projects to take camping this summer. I know I'll over pack but who wants to be hundreds of miles away with nothing to work on? And this year I am also over packing audio books since the library near the campground isn't camper friendly. I might even be able to get ahead on my reading challenges. woohoo!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

The hexie's look good........
And the fat quarter will make very interesting fussy cut hexie's too........

Missy Shay said...

I love the butterfly!

Janet O. said...

Is this all of your current hexie projects, or do you have more? I am always amazed at all of the different hexies you can come up with!

margaret said...

great butterfly, now time to do your flower.Mind you I have not done mine yet. Re the hexies it is amazing how a piece can look a different shape depending on the way the fabric is used. Class challenge sounds interesting.

margaret said...

great butterfly, now time to do your flower.Mind you I have not done mine yet. Re the hexies it is amazing how a piece can look a different shape depending on the way the fabric is used. Class challenge sounds interesting.

Karen H said...

Your VP blocks look great and when they are all stitched together with the path they will be fabulous. How wonderful that you are taking this idea and trying something new with fat quarters and your sewing friends! It sounds like great fun!