Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 10/17/15

Welcome to another edition of Hexy Linky Party! I hope you've had fun working on or planning your own projects since the last time we checked in!

My plus quilt is basted and about one-third quilted!!!


These pictures were taken yesterday. It's incredibly hard to tell in this photo that it's partially quilted and there are a bunch of threads to bury already. I always used to tie off my threads and have this ugly little fuzzy knot showing on the back but I recently saw a video that makes it pretty easy to bury them and it looks fantastic. It's well worth the extra time.


My quilting design is basically a side to side squiggle in the house shapes. I start at a fat end, squiggle down to the middle, cross over the center and then squiggle back out to the opposite fat end. Super easy. My squiggles aren't perfect but I like the imperfections. This ain't no robot quilting this baby!


I'm really liking how the squiggles nestle together on the back of the quilt!

You're probably thinking that I should have quilted in a more organized order from one side of the quilt to the other but, in reality, I was looking at what partial bobbins I had that matched and maybe I could finish. I love projects that finish partial bobbins!

OK, my friends! What's going on in your hexie world? What projects are you working on? Pulling out of  the depths of your UFO pile? Planning something new?

Do tell!!!!




7 comments:

Denise :) said...

Yay!!! I looks great! And I will be linking up (tomorrow) finally!!!! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful! I do very similar to that video and I like to bury threads as I go - otherwise I get them caught up in the next stitch line and then they are a mess.

Frances Meredith said...

Great to see a half quilted EPP project, keep going.

Janet O. said...

Looks like a great quilting pattern for your house shapes.
I have no hexie progress--rarely do. Haven't touched my hexie project in months. One of these days... : )

Pamela said...

Your plus quilt is gorgeous. How exciting to be so close to finishing!

margaret said...

a very good squiggle you have going on here

Jo said...

You do so well with all your hexies and Ep projects.
How are you going with your SSCS 2015...
I haven't seen any progress reports of what you have been doing....