Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

The Bibliophile Files - 10/4/16

Hello and welcome to another edition of The Bibliophile Files! Goodreads says I'm still ahead of schedule - by 8 books now. That means I only need to complete 13 books to meet my challenge. I'm thinking mid-November. Woohoo!!


Finished!!
     Book of the Unknown Americans - great book about what it's like to come to this country to better your life and how those plans change beyond our control.
     The Beach House - OK so I knew someone would fall in love after the long character intros but I did not expect the twists of how certain characters were related
     Memory in Death
     Things Fall Apart
     The Young World - turns out this free book is part of a trilogy and I can't get my hands on the 2nd book. arghghghgh.
     Treachery in  Death
     Classic American Short Stories - short is right! Sometimes while I listen to books I miss a detail when a loud truck drives by while I'm walking, etc and you can still follow along with the gist of the story. These stories were so short you really needed to concentrate. Great stories but not for multi-tasking.
     The House at Midnight - I was expecting something drastic to happen at midnight - not so. It was kind a slow moving meladrama.
     Shrink Rap - another quick read - only 5 CDs - but I'm enjoying this series and hoping the next book in the series is longer.

On my iPhone - I'll Give you the Sun
On my home stereo - The Tombs

And now it's your turn to share what you've read in the last month - be it a novel, quilting pattern, magazine or cereal box.



2 comments:

Julierose said...

I have been having a tough time finding a good read these days--so today I picked up James Rollins' "The Bone Labyrinth" which looked good--have you read him before??
I usually go for English mysteries but I've read all the ones in our 3 local libraries that appeal !! (yikes)...so i thought I'd give him a try...I also loved sue Grafton's Kinsey PI ones...hugs and have fun reading Julierose
Another bookworm...lol

Denise :) said...

My reading has been weird -- I've been taking a long time to read anything, so anything I've started from the library over the last month (for example, Erik Larson's "The Devil in the White City) I've had to put on hold again to finish reading. Ugh. I did read (for review) an EXCELLENT book on pho -- The Pho Cookbook -- which is rich with Vietnamese/pho history and culture and some terrific recipes, too. Right now I'm reading "The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman" by Robin Gregory. It's an award winning young adult read. Kinda along the lines of "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". And I'm reading the second book of a series called "The Broadmoor Legacy". There are three in all. They are fun, fluffy reads. Plus my TeaTime magazine!! :)