Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 11/28/16

(Once again, pixler isn't working to edit my photos...when it feels like working I'll replace these large photos and remove this note)

Other than a killer sore throat (like lets not even thinking of eating or drinking or swallowing) on Thanksgiving day, I had an excellent long weekend. I can't say that I accomplished much but I had fun cleaning up the quilt lab, prepping cookie dough for cookie day and whipStitchin'.


This was where I spent a good deal of time. I'm putting the fillers on the sides and the quilt is just too big to handle in my lap, especially since a certain FlufferNutter would prefer to be occupying my lap instead of any quilt. The cats don't bother the table so I can leave it set up for the next time I have a few extra minutes. I've got both the filler pieces on the right side done. Tonight I'll start the left side.

Hexie Club is Friday night where we will reveal our UFO challenge projects so the pressure is on. There is still a lot to do to consider my project "finished" but since I still needed to make 6 out of 23 stars back when the challenge was thrown down in June/July and it's now it's almost in one piece with just the pieced borders to go, I'm considering this a win!


I decided to make Bonnie's Mystery Quilt this year! The colors are right up my alley so I'm all geared up to do another mystery. I'm not soooo geared up that I actually have fabrics pulled but the mystery uses my 3 favorite colors so it was a no brainer to join in. That and I love her mystery style of making all of each unit (4patch, 9patch, HST, etc) at once.

Can you guess how many 4patches I had done when I took this picture?

It just so happens that my 2" strip bin had a ton of neutrals already cut so it was easy to whip up 93 4patches. I'm making a smaller version of her quilt so this will be enough for now.

I also received 2 squishies recently!!!

LOVE the bowtie selvage!

Sharon surprised me with a box of selvages - my January honeyDo list includes playing with selvages.


She also included this great hexie fabric. Yes - the search for new hexie fabrics continues - if you find one at your LQS I would love to hear about it!


I also won this great pair of tea socks from a new to me tea blog: http://www.friendshiptea.net/. Thanks Linda!!! I've got them on today but I just couldn't finagle a decent photo.

Joining Design Wall Monday and Mystery Monday Link up #1



14 comments:

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Great socks! :)

liniecat said...

You can never have enough hexi fabrics lol
or selvedges to play with!

Janet O. said...

That is not a fun way to spend Thanksgiving--not swallowing!
I'll have to get some selvages sent to you before the new year.
Great hexie fabric, and ya gotta love those socks. I guess socks with steaming teapots on them would keep your toes extra warm, right? : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A sore throat on Thanksgiving - oh, no. Hope you feel better and saved some delish food for when you can enjoy it. Cute pair of socks!!

Missy Shay said...

I love the socks! I can't do a mystery quilt, I have to see the finished project or I get all mixed up frustrated.

Vireya said...

Congratulations on finding so many neutrals in your strip bin! That saved a ton of time.

Andee Neff said...

Hooray foy mystery clues and great mail days!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Love the socks and that hexie fabric would make a great "constant" for the magenta in En Provence, wouldn't it? I'll be watching your posts. See mine at DianeSteeleQuilts.blogspot.com

Ramona said...

Love your socks. Hope your sore throat is better. I finished my four patches today and am excited about step 2.

Frances Meredith said...

Great to see you joining the fun.

margaret said...

you mention editing photos never tried doing thst did not even know we coild! Trust you are better now, your mystery challenge sounds interesting one friend has made 300 4" blocks needless to say I am not taking up the challenge
Socks look very warm and cosy

pat said...

my journey on the MQ challenge started out with stash also . . . it is great to be able to begin with "free fabric". Sew on...

Feathers in my Nest said...

I can't take a picture either. mine are awful..Sorry you've been sick, no fun. Love those selvages.

Denise :) said...

What a lot of fun packed into this post! Your new socks are fabulous!! :)