Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #38 - 2/7/18

24 - 43 - 11 - 24 - 38 - 19 - 23F

Not the best picture of one of my weather rosettes but I think it gives you a pretty good idea of the weather outside. The weather people were preaching gloom and doom with 6-10 inches of snow today but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess we top out at 3" based on the current snowfall.



For the second year in a row, my hexie club is having a UFO challenge. Each member is encouraged to pick one of our hexie UFOs to work on until our Christmas in July Party. Of course it would be great to finish a project, but the point of the challenge is to make as much progress as possible.

The project I chose is my Christmas Tree Skirt. According to my blog labels, it looks like I probably started this project in December 2013 since I finished cutting the diamonds in January 2014. It's finally time to buckle down on one of my earlier hexie UFOs!

I originally bought the fabric and papers as a kit. Would I now choose the same fabric? Not necessarily. I like the fabrics but I wish I had thrown in a bunch more for variety. My scrappy skills have expanded in the last how many years and I'm much more in to tone-on-tone fabrics that really read the desired color.

No matter what, I'm on a roll and enjoying this project again.




8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We must be in the 'belt' of this storm as we have gotten 6" already and it is starting to get heavier. Love the revival of the older project and yes, we do grow and change course with our quilting and fabric loves.

Janet O. said...

You are having the weather we should be getting this time of year, while we bask in high forties to low sixties! Our watershed is in trouble!!
That will be a really cool tree skirt!
My original hexie project is 21 years old!!! I haven't liked the fabric for at least a decade, and I don't really love doing hexies, but I want the project, so every eon or so I pull it out. I might even finish it in my lifetime--or not. :)

Frances Meredith said...

2013 - does that qualify as an antique quilt?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm not sure if I am only supposed to link a hexie quilt today? I couldn't get my hexie quilt photo on the thumbnail for some reason so selected another photo for today but if you scroll through my blog the hexie quilt is at the end.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

No snow here--rain, lots of rain. Finishing an older UFO can be satisfying

Pamela said...

Quite a temperature range for you. I'll look forward to seeing more of your tree skirt.

hetty said...

We have the same weather as you do. Only our snowfall is in centimeters. We got around 7cm or 8cm. I love your weather hexies. Do you think I could still join in? I have been making them since January 1st.

Vireya said...

Good to see another weather hexie participant!

Your Christmas tree skirt looks like it will be very nice when finished. Have fun working on it.