Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, May 17, 2018

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 5/17/18

Hello my fellow hexie-ologists and welcome to our monthly Hexie Linky Party!!


With my EMT written exam tonight and some other deadlines and meetings in the past couple of weeks I haven't made any progress on Aslan. I guess no progress isn't really correct because I have been plodding along ... it's just that there are only 3 pieces left to baste and or attach and I'm positively dying to get him done. Tomorrow! I promise myself!!


And what's on deck when Aslan is done? Well the peacock of course!!!
Shall we call him Percy Peacock? Does anyone have a better name suggestion?

I forgot to put the gold fabric in for the feather centers.

My friend Lisa is making the peacock as well so she picked up the fabrics and we split them.
Gotta LOVE these brights!

Rumor is ... Violet Craft is releasing "something" at Spring Market this weekend and I'm hoping for another EPP pattern. Her facebook page says that 4 patterns will be revealed and at least one appears to be EPP!!! Woo Hoo!!

And now it's your turn... What EPP projects have you been working on? Remember, any paper shape is welcome as is any vintage project; meaning WIP, UFO or dream. We all need the inspiration!




5 comments:

Julierose said...

I HAD to order this Lion from VC as i am through with any large quilt projects and wanting to get back to hexology works. I know I am (as per usual) late to the game, but i think this is such a beautiful project and a new EPP type for me...I love how your lion is coming out--it is stunning...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Oh, wow, I can believe that Aslan is king when I see this quilt. So stunning! Great job, Sarah!!
I believe the peacock will be equally impressive.
The designer of these patterns strikes a beautiful balance of color and design.

Vireya said...

Your Lion is looking fantastic!

Hope that exam went well and you can relax and sew now. That peacock looks great.

Paul said...

Great looking lion.

Your linkup closed quickly. I was busy on the weekend, and by the 21st, the link party had ended.

Jo said...

A friend of my daughters has a cafe at the top of Mt. Macedon. He has a resident peacock named Kenneth.